Many leaks are easy to spot, such as a leaking hot water heater standing in a pool of water, a leaky faucet that drips, or a leaky toilet that runs. However, leaky pipes, just as common, are harder to notice, but if not fixed promptly, they can trigger much larger problems. Since plumbing pipes are usually located inside the walls of your home or buried in the yard, leaks can become quite serious before you begin to see the obvious signs on the ground or in your home
Local Plumber Leak Repair in Seaside, Carmel & Monterey Area
Whether you suspect there is already a leak in your water system or sewer pipes, or you just want your plumbing system inspected to be safe, After Hour Plumbing and Drain is the local plumbing company to call. We offer leak detection service all over the Monterey Bay area, we have the equipment to find and fix leaking pipes in your house and yard.
In the case of older clay, cast iron, or galvanized pipes that are worn out and leaking, you may want to get an inspection and discuss re-piping the water system and sewer system in your home using a choice of copper, brass, PEX or ABS pipes, or a combination of materials.
Burst Pipe and 24/7 Water Leak Emergency Plumbing
Plumbing emergencies often occur without warning. That’s why it’s important to know you have the phone number of a reliable plumbing company who picks up the phone any time of the day or night and on weekends. When you have a burst pipe or your hot water heater is sitting in a puddle of water or flooding your laundry room, the ability to call for a Monterey emergency plumber could protect your home against serious damage before it’s too late.
Reliable 24-hour Leak Repairs on the Monterey Peninsula
I am here to help you at a moment’s notice. I pick up the phone when other plumbers don’t or won’t. After Hour Plumbing and Drain provides round-the-clock emergency service for leaking or burst pipes, when the hot water heater is leaking, for an over-flowing or leaking toilet, or any plumbing problem that can’t wait.
Detecting Slab Leak, Underground Water Leak and Leak in Wall
Some leaks are obvious and easy to see. However, it can be difficult or impossible to detect water leaks when they are positioned underground, in the walls of your home, or if a slab leak has formed. Slab leaks can waste over 10,000 gallons a year in a single-family home. No matter the cause or location, a California licensed plumbing contractor can find and properly diagnose leaks using special equipment to both detect and repair faulty pipes.
However, when you know what to look for, you will often catch an appliance or pipe leakage before it gets out of hand. If the plumbing pipes in your home are older and you are aware that there is a good chance they will develop leaks, you’ll want an experienced plumber to inspect the system.
Slab Leak Repair Service
A slab leak is a serious problem in your plumbing system. Because slab leaks occur under the foundation of your home, there may not be an obvious sign. Instead, you’ll have to look for other indications, such as an unexplained increase in your monthly water bill, a hot spot in your floor one room that is unusually humid, water moss or mud around the perimeter of the house, or other signs. By investing in slab leak repair as soon as an inspection reveals it, you can prevent extensive damage to your property, and save a great deal of money, time and stress in home repairs.
Common Causes of Water Leaks
Plumbing pipes develop leaks for a variety of reasons:
- Age: As the decades pass, pipes lose structural integrity and are susceptible to forming leaks.
- Roots: Older pipes that develop cracks or are worn thin from using harsh drain cleaners are easily invaded by roots that enlarge the crack and increase leakage.
- Weather: Seasonal changes in the weather can cause pipes to contract, expand, break and leak.
- Connectors: Poorly-installed pipes or loosening connections at pipe joints will leak.
- Materials: Many older homes and buildings have plumbing systems using inferior piping materials that have leaks from corrosion or other damage. Modern plumbing materials are longer lasting and damage-resistant.
- Construction: When plumbing is not properly installed, it can quickly lead to failures and leaks. Look for a licensed plumbing contractor with top reviews.
- Soil: Due to a fluctuation of drought and excessive rain in the Monterey Peninsula, the soil can become unstable and the foundation of a house to shift, which can lead to leaking pipes.
Common Signs of Water Leaks
- Your water bill has risen without increasing your monthly usage
- The water meter ticks continuously even when water is not being used
- A hissing or gurgling sound remains in the pipes when the faucets, dishwasher and washing machine are off
- The hot water heater appears to be heating water all the time
- Spots of mold or mildew forming on the walls or floors
- Spongy or warped flooring
- Cracks in the walls or structural parts of your home
- A musty odor where drains are located
- Sheet rock on the ceiling or walls that looks stained, wet or bowed
- Unexplained damp spots on stucco
If you see any of these signs of leaky pipes, call After Hour Plumbing and Drain for an inspection to identify the source of the leak and discuss the options to repair or replace the damaged pipes.
My Job as a Monterey Licensed Plumber is to Find & Fix Leaks
With every-increasing water rates throughout Monterey County and recurring drought conditions, water is a precious resource in California. Californians haven been asked to reduce their water usage, and yet, the average single-family home loses about 30 gallons every day through hidden leaks.
Calling After Hour Plumbing and Drain for a leak inspection of your fresh water and sewage pipes can locate the source of any leaks. Leaking pipes, appliances, and fixtures not only waste precious water and create unnecessarily high water bills, they are annoying, can damage the structural integrity of your house, and even become hazardous to your health. Let us help you keep your plumbing system safe and determine the best way to repair any leaks or hazards.
Our Leak Repair Services Save You Time, Money & Worry
Schedule Annual Plumbing Inspections to Detect Leaky Pipes
The best way to avoid large home repairs is to have your plumbing and sewer system checked regularly. We use diagnostic equipment to get a picture of what your plumbing looks like on the inside to detect and fix issues early before they get serious and expensive. We provide leak detection services to homes all over the Monterey Bay area. Give us a call to get your questions answered or to book a plumbing inspection for your home or business property.